DIY Hanging Nightstand/Side Table

$5

I'm excited to share another incredibly simple DIY that will cost you just $5 to make! Recently I have been loving the look of hanging nightstands/side tables. They really transform a space despite being such a minimal design, and they are so much fun to style.
Watch the video above to see how you can easily make your own, or keep reading for step by step instructions. Enjoy!

I found this large gold plastic charger plate at Michael's for just $1 - such a steal! I also picked up some leather lace, but you can use any type of cording or rope that you have as long as it is strong enough to hold the weight of the table.
To decide the length that you need to cut, measure from the ceiling to the height that you want the table to hang. Double this number and then add 10 inches. Cut two pieces of rope to this length.
Line up the two pieces of rope and then fold them in half, forming a loop at the top. Take this loop and create a knot. This is what you will hang the table by.
Using the loose ends at the bottom, create another knot.
Flip the plate over and slide the rope around it, centering the bottom knot on the middle of the plate. Glue the knot to the center point.
Evenly space the rope in a cross pattern, then use a dot of glue to secure each section to the edge of the plate.
Once the glue has dried fully, flip the nightstand over and it is ready to hang up! This can be hung from the ceiling using regular ceiling hooks or from a wall bracket. For a damage free option use heavy duty Command hooks. Just be sure to check the weight limit before hanging anything. This is the quickest and easiest DIY! If you like this project and want to see more, check out my YouTube channel by clicking here or visit my website: www.katiebookser.com

22 Homemade Soaps You Can Give As Gifts All Year Round
Everything Red For Canada Day
26 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You REALLY Excited for Christmas
Fun Father's Day Gift Ideas You Can Make Yourself
13 DIY Projects That Scream Canada
Copy One Of These Lovely Lattice Ideas For Your Home
15 Clever Ways To Repurpose Old Light Bulbs
30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
Do You Want to Make Over a Room in Your Home & Add Gorgeous Built-Ins?
20 Easy Projects To Help You Get Ready For Easter
15 Kitchen DIY Ideas That Will Come In Handy
Katie Bookser

• Earlene

How do I get rid of mice

• Desiree

Use a steel trash can, put peanut butter at the bottom of the can, use two broom stick and place one on each side of the trash can. The next morning you will have mice trapped in the can. Poor hot water on them and flush them down the drain.

• Cary Reynolds Willey

How could you do this in a multi tier?

• Katie Bookser

Someone else mentioned drilling holes in the charger and tying knots to make it tiered, that might work well.

• Vicki

Great idea I would use to hang small bird baths too

• Elsa

To put a candle on it seems too dangerous. It is not secure enough. I feel those strings might move and the whole thing comes apart. Cute though.

• Katie Bookser

It’s actually very stable, the strings are not going anywhere, however I’ve mentioned many times that I would never leave a candle unattended.

• Celine

You could drill holes in the plate to add more plates to .add tape before you drill .great idea