DIY Hanging Nightstand/Side Table

$5

I'm excited to share another incredibly simple DIY that will cost you just $5 to make! Recently I have been loving the look of hanging nightstands/side tables. They really transform a space despite being such a minimal design, and they are so much fun to style.
Watch the video above to see how you can easily make your own, or keep reading for step by step instructions. Enjoy!

I found this large gold plastic charger plate at Michael's for just $1 - such a steal! I also picked up some leather lace, but you can use any type of cording or rope that you have as long as it is strong enough to hold the weight of the table.
To decide the length that you need to cut, measure from the ceiling to the height that you want the table to hang. Double this number and then add 10 inches. Cut two pieces of rope to this length.
Line up the two pieces of rope and then fold them in half, forming a loop at the top. Take this loop and create a knot. This is what you will hang the table by.
Using the loose ends at the bottom, create another knot.
Flip the plate over and slide the rope around it, centering the bottom knot on the middle of the plate. Glue the knot to the center point.
Evenly space the rope in a cross pattern, then use a dot of glue to secure each section to the edge of the plate.
Once the glue has dried fully, flip the nightstand over and it is ready to hang up! This can be hung from the ceiling using regular ceiling hooks or from a wall bracket. For a damage free option use heavy duty Command hooks. Just be sure to check the weight limit before hanging anything. This is the quickest and easiest DIY! If you like this project and want to see more, check out my YouTube channel by clicking here or visit my website: www.katiebookser.com

The Best Nautical Home Decor Ideas To Try Right Now
Use Ribbon To Decorate For Christmas With These Last Minute Ideas!
Katie Bookser

• Elsa
    Elsa

To put a candle on it seems too dangerous. It is not secure enough. I feel those strings might move and the whole thing comes apart. Cute though.

• Celine
    Celine

You could drill holes in the plate to add more plates to .add tape before you drill .great idea