Asked on Sep 14, 2017

My wooden floor and clogged sink - help!

PattiMarion NesbittMcc21869744
+16

my front entrance has wood that's completely rotted. I just got over double pneumonia and I'm disabled. I have the wood I need help. Then my granddaughter clogged one of my bathroom sinks. I tried snaking it to no avai. I need help. thanks in advance. I hope someone can help me
q wood floor and clogged sick
q wood floor and clogged sick
  • Johnavallance82
    Sep 14, 2017

Maybe you might consider at this stage to contact Social Services, or a Charity for the Disabled or Your Local Church, and ask for Help - urgently!

• Rachelb2006
    Sep 14, 2017

Go to the hardware and ask for a sink snake. If they do not have it try Walmart. It is a long black slim covered wire with a velcro like tip. You just put it down the sink, turn it and it grabs the hair and other debris. Then just pull it out. Let me know if this works.

• Mcc21869744
    Sep 14, 2017

put baking soda in your sink pour vinegar on it. let sit for 15 minutes then run hot water for a few minutes it should clear your sink.

• Laf28032259
    Sep 14, 2017

i have a sink snake and it didn't work. I'll probably have to take the PVC apart. And unfortunately the water level is so high I can't run any water Thank you both for responding

• Ang23966152
    Sep 14, 2017

Try dipping the water (at least part of it) out first and then try the baking soda and vinegar, it really works well for me.

• Margaret
      Sep 18, 2017

Yes, it is a very nice mixture. I tried this once and loved it. I do it once a week in our home in all drains ( bathroom, kitchen, basement sink ).

• Ang23966152
    Sep 14, 2017

Try dipping out the water (at least some of it) and using the baking soda and vinegar. It really works great for me.

• Rose Blaine
    Sep 15, 2017

You can try Dawn dish soap. Put a cup down the drain and wait for 30 mins. Then put very hot water down it. I use this all the time for toilets. It works every time.

• Ram21595361
    Sep 15, 2017

Actually; go to the store and get Drano Max gel that is the thick one; and use that; whatever she clogged it with, its not going to be moved by baking soda and vinegar....dip the water out of the sing\k until all you have is the water at the drainage hole of the sink,
    then take a washcloth and ip a corner in a bit to soak, then pull it out, wring it out in your bucket; repeat process until you see ab out an 1/2 an inch to an inch space under the rain stop; now pour some Drano Max gel into the drain..and let it work... you may have to do it twice if its particularly stubborn; any idea what she clogged it with?

• Ram21595361
      Sep 17, 2017

B.Ene; yes, I only use the clog removers from the store as a last resort; Lafemmesp1970 ,who posted this, with that clogged sink, has a last resort issue there; so it needs to have the strong chemical help from the clog removers from the store.

• Ram21595361
    Sep 15, 2017

As for your hard wood floor at the door way; contact the Catholic Charities in your area; they are dedicated to helping the community as a whole; you don't have to be catholic to have their help; they will possibly have a building contractor team made up of their parishioners who can help with this; and it will either be free or mostly free; Good luck!

• Mcc21869744
    Sep 15, 2017

sure i'll get right on it

• Marion Nesbitt
    Sep 16, 2017

If the snake doesn't work, then I suspect an object. You may have to disconnect the elbow. Put a pail under to catch the water.

• Patti
    Sep 16, 2017

Try Coke and half cup baking soda. Put in the bowl let sit for an hour. Try a flush. Did help my clog. Have a GREAT DAY