Lauren
Lauren
  • Tutorial Team
  • Zephyrhills, FL

Fairy Ball Light

$8

Night Light for the front porch. Just a pretty glow to keep the Darkness at Bay..
fairy ball light
This is a wonderful Ceiling Light globe I found at Habitat for Humanity Re Store.. and had a wonderful metal stand that it just fit... Now I need to think of how to use it .. It is so pretty...
fairy ball light
I took the stand that I had and using "Gorilla" non expanding Clear Glue, glued the Globe securely into position.. The Stand is an embossed metal in vintage looking green paint.. sturdy and it gave the bottom finial of the Globe room..
fairy ball light
Using "Gorilla Glue" in clear, with a no expanding quality, I glued a small glass dish I had, with a crystal piece from a Tea Light together. It made a very nice top for the Globe..
fairy ball light
Next I utilized a Battery Light strand I had from Hobby Lobby. I inserted two "D" cell batteries and layered the battery pack in the bottom of the Globe.. Used a paper clip to hang the strand of lights from the lip of the Globe so they wouldn't just lay in a clump on the bottom..
fairy ball light
I used the option on the Battery Pack for a 6 hour duration of "on" and now each night, it will turn on and stay lit at the same time every evening..
fairy ball light
Put the lid back on the Globe and found the perfect spot to place it on the porch
fairy ball light
The complete light is 24" tall
fairy ball light
What a pleasant soft glow there is in the room now... And these Battery lights coming on for 6 hours an evening, usually last 5 months or so.. they do start to dim a bit at the end of the battery life.. so it is your option when to change them out.. I have several different sets around the house.. helps an old lady not to stumble around in the dark...  

• Jtu19106893

I love this idea and I have a globe, now all I need is the stand! Just a thought, if you put it outside, how about using solar light?
  • Berta BJ Hammock

How to recycle a shoe door hanger
    • Rhonda Aurelio

Hi, i use mine for placing windex, simple green, endust, rubber gloves etc. 🍀🍀🍀

• Kimberly Zembas Starz

Love this idea. What brand of lights did you use? I don't see any lights that last for 5 months, most of them just say the batteries will last for 24-48 hours.