Error loading player:
No playable sources found

Clean a Stone Patio Naturally!

$1

It's been a long summer and if you have an outdoor patio made of stone, you know it had a lot of foot traffic. So, how do you give it that deep, down clean in a natural way? All it takes is a few on-hand ingredients and some elbow grease.
clean a stone patio naturally
Step 1: Add 2 tablespoons of baking soda to a bucket or bowl of warm water (approximately 1 gallon of water).
clean a stone patio naturally
Step 2: Add a few drops of dish soap. Mix all ingredients together.

clean a stone patio naturally
Step 3: Using a heavy duty soft bristle brush, pour small amounts of the mixture onto various areas of the stone patio, and begin scrubbing in circular motions.
clean a stone patio naturally
Step 4: Let your wet stone patio dry naturally to reveal a much cleaner patio.
We want to help you DIY, so some of the materials in this post are linked to sellers. Just so you know, Hometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page.

• Would it work on a stone fireplace?

• Crystal Trotman

How to get algae out of out carpet

• Rosanne

I have a couple of outdoor carpets near the pool that went black with algae from the rain and general weather here in central Fl. I used vinegar, sprayed it on, let it sit. Then you can either scrub it out with a brush or pressure wash it out. They look as good as new.

• Ticia

Do you think that would work on pavers?

• Kathy

I cannot bend down and scrub like that, so I had bought a long pole and a wooden bristled scrub brush and it saved time and my spine! Try that, you will get done in half the time! Kathy Belanger..FL

• Deborah

That sounds like a great idea! It would make it easier to scrub 😄 Then if there's an area that needs more special attention and if someone can do it, one could get on hands and knees to do circular scrubbing in that area.

• Deborah

I'm thinking I could use this idea to clean other surfaces too. It's a very chemical safe and effective cleaner that may need only a little rinsing, if any, and is very environmentally friendly. Thank you for this idea! I plan to use it to clean other surfaces in and around my home.