Can you identify this lavender?

+7
My lavender died this pass winter, so I purchased a new one, and it has the tallest flowers ever, about 3 ft, pale lavender flowers. I didn't see a tag on it when purchase, but was shaped so nice, and a good price so I purchased it.
q can you identify this lavender
It's in the center of sun patients, and still growing pass them!
  • There are so many varieties! Here are a couple links to help you out. Your flowerbed is just beautiful. ☺

• Robyn Garner Robyn Garner on Sep 15, 2017
    I think it is Lavender Hidcote, a compact English Lavender that grows only 18-20 inches tall.
    • Nancy Nancy on Sep 16, 2017
      I don't think mines that compact, the other flowers are kinda holding it up, but thanks for the input!
  • Dl.5660408 Dl.5660408 on Sep 15, 2017
    You might look on the High County Gardens website to help you identify it as there are so many different varieties ranging from dwarf to large, light to dark purple even white and pink. I have 10 different varieties. Lovely garden by the way.
  • Bozena Bozena on Sep 16, 2017
    Hey! Not so long ago I have downloaded a free application on my phone - SmartPlantApp - and by sending photos of plants that I needed to identify or get propagation tips or how to get rid of plant pests etc... You will get help identifying this. I'm using a free version because I don't have many plants, but there is also a premium membership version... this is really a very useful application! I recommend it wholeheartedly!
  • Kim Kim on Sep 16, 2017
    PlantSnapp and PlantNet both do that too.
  • Bam24686315 Bam24686315 on Sep 16, 2017
    Since it did not have a tag it may not be lavender but Russian Sage which looks just like it. Mine grows to about 3-4 ft tall and comes back every year. They also have a similar fragrance. It will multiply and can be separated fairly easily. It does get tall and leggy.
  • Amanda Amanda on Sep 16, 2017
    Looks like it could be Russian Sage, smells very similar to lavendar!
  • Ban25903039 Ban25903039 on Sep 17, 2017
    Maybe it's Lavandula angustifolia Grosso.