I haven't lost my marbles!

+15
My son just gave me about 10 lbs of marbles. They are what we used to call "pures". I have racked my brain as to what I can do with them and have'nt come up with anything. Any ideas?
q i haven t lost my marbles
  • Amn29276045 Amn29276045 on Sep 16, 2017
    You could put them in clear glass vases and use them to hold flowers straight. You could also make stepping stones and use them for a design.
  • FL FL on Sep 16, 2017
    I found a pininterest page featuring things one can do with marbles: jewelry, wind chimes, garden décor, even as a too for painting! Check it out and see if anything catches your fancy! lhttps://www.pinterest.com/explore/marble-crafts/?lp=true
  • Mary Wilcox Patrick Mary Wilcox Patrick on Sep 16, 2017
    Use a clear glass wide vase and fill with marbles and big bouquet of flowers like azaleas.
    • Brenda Brenda on Sep 16, 2017
      Thanks Mary. Yes I can do that. I certainly have enough of them for that and other things. :-)
  • Beth Beth on Sep 16, 2017
    They are great in the bottom of a flower vase to secure in place your arrangement and add some definition at the bottom of the vase.
    I also put them in clear (any color) container. They add texture without being 'busy'.
  • Deb7030209 Deb7030209 on Sep 16, 2017
    make a garden ball with a styrafom ball line them into the bottom of plants makes a good water reserve for the dirt place them in a vase with a bamboo gives it a good effect ots of imagination give it a try

• Missy Missy on Sep 16, 2017
    You can get a glass patio table or old window and attach the marbles with glue then seal with polyurethane. The window can be hung inside or outside like a picture, preferably with light shining through it.
    • Brenda Brenda on Sep 16, 2017
      Ok. Now the creative juices are flowing. Your table idea is good only I could use resin. I got it for another project that I scrapped. Now I'm out to look for the perfect table. Thank you.
  • Shirley Heikkinen Shirley Heikkinen on Sep 16, 2017
    make stepping stones and put them in the concrete with enough of the marble showing to add some color. Or, pour them in the bottom of flower pot trays to set the pot on. Use them in vases to hold flower arrangements in place.
  • FL FL on Sep 17, 2017
  • Tif30397686 Tif30397686 on Sep 19, 2017
    I have seen where u can .make bath mats out of stones corks marbles or a wreath if ur feeing really creative u could put like red ones in certain spots for berries tie on.a bow
  • Donna Hackbarth Donna Hackbarth on Sep 20, 2017
    I've collected a bunch of acorn tops and I have glued marbles inside the caps to make flashy looking "acorns" out of them. I took a drill to drill holes in the acorn tops and strung string thru them and then glued the marble in place over the string. They can then be strung together to make mobiles or wind chimes. They look great!

• Brenda Brenda on Sep 20, 2017
    Those sound adorable Donna. I just might try that if Ican find some acorns. Not too many oak trees nearby but shouldn't be too hard to find.
  • Debbie Debbie on Sep 21, 2017
    A pretty jewellery idea http://pin.it/4aDqBiS