Becky
Becky
  • Nixa, MO

Kitchen makeover

When I set out to paint my kitchen cabinets that's all I had in mind. Because we have an open plan, kitchen,dining and great room all open, I realized that I would have to do a lot more! I started with the ceiling and painted my way down in all 3 rooms. I built board and batton walls in dining area and painted all my trim white. That took me thru the whole house as I kinda got side tracked. Really I was just painting my cabinets! Back to the kitchen I took out the ugly range hood and boxed it in with a shelf. I removed the cabinet doors above the stove and fridge. I installed pendant lighting above the bar and kitchen sink and covered a pull down shade in fun polka dot fabric. I installed my new pullout faucet and soap dispenser, WHICH I LOVE!!! I connected two boards and stenciled "Be Thankful" then hung as a valance over the pull down shade. I refurbed my bargain island and added wheels so I could pull in and out of the kitchen as needed. I then painted my fridge, yucky blue tile backsplash and countertops all while finishing the cabinets. I moved back to the dining room and made curtains, painted my table and chairs(dark stained the top and seats ), then hung the cutest little chandelier. I painted several pieces in the great room including doors and a white washed fireplace(different post). I took down lighting and sprayed with rubbed oil bronze then reinstalled. I started oct. 1st and completed it in time to host our family Christmas party on dec. 14th. I was so ready for Christmas break!
kitchen makeover, home decor, kitchen backsplash, kitchen design, kitchen island
During
During
During
During
During
During
After
After
After
After
After
After
After
After
After
After
After
After
Before
Before
After
After

• Barbara Posluszny-Pace

What did you do to the counter top? I am currently redoing my kitchen and repainting the cabinets the exact same color. And surprisingly, we have the exact same cabinets.

• Becky

Barbara, I painted my counters! From yucky blue to sleek black. I laid down 2 coats if primer then 1 coat of valspar black. I then sponged some silver acrylic and some silver fairy dust. I went back over it with black to mute it a little. 5 or 6 coats of varathane for floors and a final coat of " rock hard". I got the rock hard on amazon. Rather pricey. $45.00 per quart. I went back to get more and couldn't find it. That's why I did varathane first.