Zee
Zee
  • Burleson, TX

MUSINGS FROM HAWK'S CREEK

Spring is soon upon us here in the lone star state. Daffodils are popping their lovely heads skyward. Walking around Hawk's Creek, I see Winter's lingerings, stark in their beauty and around the next corner I spy beautiful daffodils surprising me with a blast of color. A pansy still vibrant in spite of bitter cold days. I look up and see cedar posts standing guard over a soon to be vegetable garden. In a bare tree I see shadows and beauty of a rusted piece of art I found last year in a junk pile. We attached a chain and hung it in a tree to sway with the wind. My old mamma cat who was dumped at my gate with little life left in her, now is fat and sassy enjoying the sunshine lying next to a hopeful rhubarb plant. My sweet little garden angel has lost one of her wings in a battle with a rough Texas storm, but it only takes a little cement caulk and she will be full feathered once again. I like things with battle scars, gives character.
Old man winter is not giving up easily as he is assuming the position on my old chippy shed door. We at Hawk's Creek are wishing all of you a joyous Spring, but until she shows up in all her glory, walk around your home and see all emerging beauty.
A funky fun piece I retrieved from a previous owner's discarded pile. So cool to see shadows dancing in the wind.
A cedar roof placed over my vegetable garden, shielding a bit from the treacherous Texas sun.
Old Man Winter still showing his strength.  I enjoy seeing him on my old chippy door.
Old Man Winter still showing his strength. I enjoy seeing him on my old chippy door.
Ornamental grass has lost its warm color, but this golden hue reflecting the sun is just as pretty to me.
My little wounded garden angel. She still stands guard and prays for this " not by the book" gardener.
"Ooh, baby what a beautiful face you have."
Mamma enjoying the good life.
Mamma enjoying the good life.
Yellow is my favorite color, especially when displayed in such glory.

Zee

• Kathie taylor

Ditto what Douglas Hunt said! So envious of your daffodils! My favorite flower and also my favorite color! I dig your crazy 'scrap metal" art. My garden angel just got fixed and I used that stone look in white.

• Zee

@Kathie taylor Thanks Kathie, I am always looking for metal art ( I can afford) or make myself. My daffodils are on the second go around. I planted some late bloomers and they are doing great. I am looking for Artex concrete repair, as now I have a broken birdbath! Have you ever used this product?

• Kathie taylor

sorry, no I haven't. somewhere in my overgrown backyard I have a broken one as well. A couple of years ago, I switched to resin, they hold up to neglect, or winds or just constantly falling over. if I forget to fill them. Do you have an ACE Hardware? I do better at their store for repair stuff, if they don't have it, they will order it. That's magic to me.

• Zee

Yes, I love Ace. They usually carry unusual products. I will definitely stop and see what they have new for Spring. Thanks.