Shiplap Walls Made of Plywood

$200

I love shiplap. I could cover several rooms in my house with it, but naturally for budget reasons that is not an option, so instead I settled for our little entryway. Even for that small area, we were not willing to spend a fortune with a contractor, so instead I checked out several tutorials on the Internet and with the invaluable help of my husband, it is all done, and we love how it turned out.

shiplap walls made of plywood
This is how our entryway looked before.
shiplap walls made of plywood
We bought some sheets of plywood at Home Depot and asked if their staff could cut them into 6-inch wide planks for us.
shiplap walls made of plywood
I sanded and painted the planks in white.
shiplap walls made of plywood
I marked the studs on the wall with a pencil so we had a guide for nailing the planks to the wall.
shiplap walls made of plywood
We sawed the planks following the angles of our staircase than after we did that, we nailed the planks to the wall using some nickels to leave a small gap between them.
shiplap walls made of plywood
This is how it looks now!
shiplap walls made of plywood
Check out my blog post for more pictures and a full, detailed tutorial, including all tools and products we used for this project.
Thanks for reading!
Pat Rios | The Wood Spa