How do i remove ball point ink stain from clothing?

+6
  • Gabi Gabi on Sep 16, 2017
    Rubbing alcohol.
  • Nancy Turner Nancy Turner on Sep 16, 2017
    When I still wore nurses uniforms, the pens would always end up leaking in the pockets. rubbing alcohol worked wonders, even on polyester. Check a little spot on an under side hem to make sure it is ok to use on your garments that it won't damage them.
  • Kmm29873664 Kmm29873664 on Sep 16, 2017
    hair spray
  • Dr.8014962 Dr.8014962 on Sep 16, 2017
    Spray area with hairspray. You can watch it fade. After a few minutes wash it by hand with warm water & bar soap. It should be gone. If necessary repeat procedure. I rarely need more than 1 application. Good luck!
  • Jewellmartin Jewellmartin on Sep 16, 2017
    I try a dot of cornstarch or talc first to absorb what I can. Then I go for rubbing alcohol on a clean sponge. 😇
  • Karen Krysowaty Karen Krysowaty on Sep 16, 2017
    I use hairspray , spraying and then blotting it and you can pick the color up on the towel you use to blot. Then wash as usual
  • DW DW on Sep 16, 2017
    I ve used "KRUD CUTTER" from walmart..it gradually fades it..not sure if anything will totally remove it in one attempt.. older it is, harder it is to remove..

• Ginny Ginny on Sep 16, 2017
    Try WASHING SODA (not baking soda). Rub soda into slightly damp stain. Let sit for 10-15 min. Rub briskly with toothbrush, nail brush, or scrub brush. Stain should come out. You may have to repeat. Have also had luck with treating ink stains with rubbing alcohol.
  • Dfm Dfm on Sep 17, 2017
    the manufactures of ink have changed some of thier formulas. I look for the little yellow bottles of stain devils.