Megan Aubrey
Megan Aubrey
  • Forest, VA

Spring Cleaning Tips, Tricks, & Tools

Continuing on my spring cleaning trend, I'm here to share some of my favorite tools and tricks to make cleaning as easy and efficient as possible. As much as I enjoy the result after a thorough cleaning, I am not all that into the process (shocker right? soo many people love cleaning). Every once in a while I really get gun-ho about cleaning. All the rest of the time I choose other, more fun activities over cleaning. To make me actually clean my house (and not just when company is coming), I had to find tricks that made it as easy and painless as possible.
Here are my not-so-secret cleaning tactics (tips and tricks in photo captions).
Homemade green, natural cleaners really are easy and effective. I am completely sold on them and will never look back.
Car Drying Cloth for the Shower: Never clean your shower again by wiping down your shower daily with this highly absorbent drying cloth. It eliminates any chance to mold and mildew to thrive by taking away their wet living area!
The 3-in-1 cloth that is perfect to pick up and do a quick wipedown of most surfaces. It helps with touchups and making cleaning seem so much more accessible.
Microfiber Cloths for All Purpose Cleaning: I decided to try cleaning with microfibers and never looked back. They grab and hold dust, hair, grime, and moisture. Plus, you can just pop them in the washer and dryer.
Use a pillow case to clean a fan. Just slide the pillow case over the fan blade and wipe down. All the dust gets trapped in the pillow case. Just toss in the wash and you're down. This is a life changing tip!

Megan Aubrey