How to Paint on Glass to Make It Look and Feel Like Stone.

This technique ends up looking and feeling like stone, not the old glass bottle it was. Love This... I used Chalk Paint®decorative paint by Annie Sloan that had been thickened in the fridge. First I sprayed the glass with clear Shellac, the painted thickly Old Ochre. Dried with hair dryer until paint cracked. When dry, added clear and then dark wax. Added French gilding wax for the letters. Going to do others in different colors for the spring.. Hope you like this one to.
how to paint on glass to make it look and feel like stone, chalk paint, crafts, painting, repurposing upcycling

• Chris

Going to try this as soon as we move and get settled. I love it. And I've been saving glass jars!

• Big White Goose

@Chris So glad to hear that, it feels really lovely, and it really is easy. Have fun!

• Dor29208332

You can also take masking tape, tear in small pieces, stick all over bottle or whatever you want to cover, will look like leather. Paint, your choice.