DIY Mailbox Makeover

$29

This is the story of an old, sad mailbox remade into a pretty copper and white beauty. Our mailbox was in a sad state for several years after we moved in. The post was green and tired and the plastic box had seen better days. It was time for an easy refresh!
The mailbox was in rough shape. It was very green, and the actual box was faded and worn. The first step was to remove the box. From there, I used a sanding block to get as much of the green off as possible.
After sanding, I painted the post using Sherwin Williams Alabaster in a gloss finish. The paint was leftover from when the exterior siding and trim were repainted, so there was no investment in paint on my part. After drying, we secured the box to the post using hardware purchased at Lowes. We spray painted the hardware copper to make it match the box finish.
Next, I secured a new address sign to the post. I ordered this one on Etsy. I liked the modern style of the letters, plus that it was very easy to secure with two small nails (vs. nailing each individual letter to the post).
I have to give my mother-in-law a shout out because she found the mailbox at a local thrift store. They have similar ones on Amazon for about $30. It's made such a big difference in our curb appeal. Now, I tell everyone to look for the house with the copper mailbox!

• Paint  (Sherwin Williams)
  • Copper Mailbox  (Thrift store)
  • Hardware  (Lowes)

3 Brilliant Ideas How to Use Photo Frames
15 Home Improvement DIY Ideas You'll Want To Copy This Month
Update Your Plain Dishes With These Adorable Ideas
30 Creative Painting Techniques & Ideas You MUST See
15 Unconventional Ways To Use A Tomato Cage
Do You Want to Make Over a Room in Your Home & Add Gorgeous Built-Ins?
Jenn Marsh

• Elena Delgado
    Elena Delgado

I've been looking for a nice look to match the look of my home which is a cross between French and Spanish style.....Yaayy-this is it. Thank you-thank you. But where do you find the mailbox?

• Cherrie Christian
    Cherrie Christian

Kids bought a puppy. Accidents on wood floor. Curling on some boards. Can this be fixed without replacing.

• Kitty
    Kitty

Very well, thanks. I took some ‘80s wall sconces, fake brass, sprayed them hammered “bronze”. They look so much better.

• Sherry Mann
    Sherry Mann

WHat