Lsherbach
Lsherbach
  • Hometalk Helper
  • Amityville, NY

Tea "totaler" Wreath

$12

My love for tea cups was sparked by my Nana, who gave me my first cup, a pink china cup, with gold inside on my first birthday. I still have it!
tea totaler wreath
So, this project begins with the base. I tried to save $$ here by buying the wire frame at the Dollar store; but the weight of the cups made this a poor choice. I had to splurge and go to the craft store, but I had a coupon. I spray painted it white, so it would melt into the tea cups.
tea totaler wreath
While the frame was drying, I gathered the rest of my materials.
tea totaler wreath
Before attaching the cups, I added some fabric strips to the top (to act as a hanger) and the bottom of the wire frame to add color. Attaching the cups securely, proved to be more difficult that I imagined. In the end, I used clear Gorilla glue, and some clothes pins to hold the cup securely in place until the glue set.
tea totaler wreath
tea totaler wreath
This did take some time, so I worked on other projects during the dry time. Be patient here, you won’t be sorry. When all the cups were in place, I embellished with paper flowers that I made myself (I love paper flowers) this I thought covered up any areas where I could see the wire frame.
tea totaler wreath
And there you have it, my tea totaler wreath.  Remember: In the words of Eleanor Roosevelt “Women are like tea bags, you never know how strong they are till they get in hot water.” 

Happy crafting everyone!

• Wire wreath frame  (Michaels)
  • Spray paint  (had on hand)
  • Glue  (had on hand)

• Cece

Do you think it would be an advantage to wrap the wreath in a co-ordinating ribbon??

• Lynda Reppert

Is there a way to Pin this? So cute and I’d love to try it. Gotta start collecting...Thanks for posting it.

• Toni

Was the wreath extremely heavy afterwards

• Lsherbach

It was/is heavier than other wreaths I’ve done, but I hooked it on an over the door hanger... problem solved.