Tea "totaler" Wreath

$12

My love for tea cups was sparked by my Nana, who gave me my first cup, a pink china cup, with gold inside on my first birthday. I still have it!
So, this project begins with the base. I tried to save $$ here by buying the wire frame at the Dollar store; but the weight of the cups made this a poor choice. I had to splurge and go to the craft store, but I had a coupon. I spray painted it white, so it would melt into the tea cups.
While the frame was drying, I gathered the rest of my materials.
Before attaching the cups, I added some fabric strips to the top (to act as a hanger) and the bottom of the wire frame to add color. Attaching the cups securely, proved to be more difficult that I imagined. In the end, I used clear Gorilla glue, and some clothes pins to hold the cup securely in place until the glue set.
This did take some time, so I worked on other projects during the dry time. Be patient here, you won’t be sorry. When all the cups were in place, I embellished with paper flowers that I made myself (I love paper flowers) this I thought covered up any areas where I could see the wire frame.
And there you have it, my tea totaler wreath.  Remember: In the words of Eleanor Roosevelt “Women are like tea bags, you never know how strong they are till they get in hot water.” 

Happy crafting everyone!

• Wire wreath frame  (Michaels)
  • Spray paint  (had on hand)
  • Glue  (had on hand)

32 Space-Saving Storage Ideas That'll Keep Your Home Organized
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
15 Clever Repurposing Ideas That Will Add Some Creativity to Your Home
20 Ways To Make Your Own Personalized Clock
15 Unconventional Ways To Use A Tomato Cage
The 25 Most-Viewed Mason Jar Projects on Hometalk
30 Amazing Ways To Organize Your Shoes

• Lynda Reppert
    Lynda Reppert

Is there a way to Pin this? So cute and I’d love to try it. Gotta start collecting...Thanks for posting it.

• Toni
    Toni

Was the wreath extremely heavy afterwards

• Lsherbach
      Lsherbach

It was/is heavier than other wreaths I’ve done, but I hooked it on an over the door hanger... problem solved.

• Vicki Davis
    Vicki Davis

Where did you hang it?

• Rebecca Gray-Hoch
    Rebecca Gray-Hoch

I would add colorful tea cups with strings of white pearls draped from them!! So pretty!!

• GeorgiaBulldogsFan
    GeorgiaBulldogsFan

Just found your post this morning. It is just lovely! I love pretty tea cups too and have plenty here at home. This will be put on my “to do” list for sure! Also, absolutely love the Eleanor Roosevelt quote! Great share!