Tea "totaler" Wreath

$12

My love for tea cups was sparked by my Nana, who gave me my first cup, a pink china cup, with gold inside on my first birthday. I still have it!
So, this project begins with the base. I tried to save $$ here by buying the wire frame at the Dollar store; but the weight of the cups made this a poor choice. I had to splurge and go to the craft store, but I had a coupon. I spray painted it white, so it would melt into the tea cups.
While the frame was drying, I gathered the rest of my materials.
Before attaching the cups, I added some fabric strips to the top (to act as a hanger) and the bottom of the wire frame to add color. Attaching the cups securely, proved to be more difficult that I imagined. In the end, I used clear Gorilla glue, and some clothes pins to hold the cup securely in place until the glue set.
This did take some time, so I worked on other projects during the dry time. Be patient here, you won’t be sorry. When all the cups were in place, I embellished with paper flowers that I made myself (I love paper flowers) this I thought covered up any areas where I could see the wire frame.
And there you have it, my tea totaler wreath.  Remember: In the words of Eleanor Roosevelt “Women are like tea bags, you never know how strong they are till they get in hot water.” 

Happy crafting everyone!

• Wire wreath frame  (Michaels)
  • Spray paint  (had on hand)
  • Glue  (had on hand)

25 Christmas Wreath Ideas You Don't Want To Miss This Year
18 Ideas to Keep You From Feeling Blue
Easy DIY Ideas To Add Some FUN To Your Office Space
These Bathroom Makeovers Might Inspire You To Update Your Own
Hometalk's Top 10 Spookiest Halloween Picks Of 2017
Step-by-Step Painting Techniques You'll Want to Try!
15 Bathroom Upgrades That You Can Totally DIY
Turn A Cake Pan Into A Shelf + More Clever Repurposing Ideas!
15 Easy & Colorful DIY Projects For Your Home
Old License Plates Lying Around? Check Out These 28 Snazzy Decor Ideas
These Amazing Vase Ideas Will Blow Your Guests Away!
Super Cool Painting Techniques You've Probably Never Seen!
31 Space-Saving Storage Ideas That'll Keep Your Home Organized

• Lynda Reppert

Is there a way to Pin this? So cute and I’d love to try it. Gotta start collecting...Thanks for posting it.

• Toni

Was the wreath extremely heavy afterwards

• Lsherbach

It was/is heavier than other wreaths I’ve done, but I hooked it on an over the door hanger... problem solved.

• Vicki Davis

Where did you hang it?

• Katherine

I’ve had this particular project saved on my phone under things to do for probably a year I have like 60 tea cups and saucers I just haven’t done it yet I’m afraid to handle those tea cups but I love the project it looks beautiful great job

• Rebecca Gray-Hoch

I would add colorful tea cups with strings of white pearls draped from them!! So pretty!!