Easy Fall Bandana Wreath

$35

I made a fun and colorful bandana wreath for the summer and I loved how easy it was to make and how nice it looked! So for the fall, I decided to make a quick and simple fall bandana wreath. The bandanas are simply tied onto a wire wreath form, so making this wreath takes very little time!
To make the wreath, I simply used a 14-inch wire wreath form and 15 bandanas. I also hot glued on two floral embellishments and one fabric butterfly.
To start, I cut each bandana into three equal sections lengthwise. (You will end up with 45 sections of bandana.) I then folded each bandana section in half. With the wire wreath form facing up (with the curved part of the frame facing me), I tied each bandana strip onto the wreath. To tie on a bandana section, I formed a loop with the bandana, laid the fabric under the wreath form (across the width of the wreath frame ) and pulled one end of the bandana through. I alternated colors, but the bandanas could be tied on in color blocks, too. You can check out my post on Mom Home Guide for more photos showing how to tie on the bandanas.
Once all the bandanas were tied on, I simply hot glued some decorative elements onto the bandana wreath.
I really adore making bandana wreaths! Bandanas come in so many colors, are inexpensive and very versatile.
To get an idea of how versatile bandanas are, the above is my summer bandana wreath. I made that wreath in the same way -- I just used different colors.

I've seen fun red, white and blue bandana wreaths on Hometalk - they look great! Also you could substitute equal lengths of fabric for the bandanas if you like, too!

• 15 bandanas  (Burlapfabric.com)
  • 14-inch wire wreath frame  (Michaels)
  • Scissors

Lauren of Mom Home Guide

• Gab2225654

How do you keep the bandanas from flopping down on the upper part of the wreath?
    • Wendy Migues Waguespack

you maybe use some clear spray paint "clear coat" it would help it stay stiffer and make it more weather resistant. I make arrangements every year with artificial flowers and it really make a big difference to keep them stiffer and looking fresh much longer. You could also just put a dab of hot glue on the metal wreath and tack it if it's flipping downward.Good Luck👍🏽
  • Lgl11026067

Am I correct to assume that you "handerchief-hemmed" the raw edges after cutting the bandanas?
  • Margie Cox Hay

Each bandana strip was about 3 - 4 inches wide? (And then 14 - 15 inches long?)