Error loading player:
No playable sources found

Add Peel and Stick Wallpaper To Dresser Drawers

$30

I love my coffee station made from a vintage dresser. There was nothing wrong with our coffee bar per se….but do you know when you have one of the home projects that you finish and it still feels like it is missing something?? But, I think our coffee bar was missing the infusion of character and color that I try to put into everything in our home. It was wonderful, but it needed to be a little more me.

Enter…..peel and stick wallpaper. It is amazing. It adds just amount of color and extra texture to the coffee station. I love that the vintage dresser we use for our coffee station remains in its classic style with the refinished dark coat of stain, but we were able add pops of color by applying the peel and stick wallpaper to the sides of drawers. They are only visible when you pull the drawers out.

add peel and stick wallpaper to dresser drawers
This is what our drawers looked like before we added the peel and stick wallpaper.
STEP 1. TRACE DRAWER ON BACK OF WALLPAPER.
Put the drawer on its side and trace all the way around the drawer on the backside of the peel and stick wallpaper. 
STEP 2. CUT OUT DRAWER SHAPE ON THE WALLPAPER.
If anything, you want the paper to be a little larger than the drawer because you can always trim off the extra later.
STEP 3. APPLY THE PEEL AND STICK WALLPAPER TO THE SIDES OF DRAWERS.
The best part about using this peel and stick wallpaper on the sides of the drawers is that it is completely repositionable.
STEP 4. TRIM OFF EXCESS.
Using the rotary cutter, trim off the edges of the peel and stick wallpaper where it hangs over the edge of the drawer. Be sure that you do this on a cutting mat so you don’t scratch the surface below.
STEP 5. SLIDE DOOR BACK IN AND SMILE!
Simply slide the drawer back in your dresser!

Hop on over to this blog post to see more photos and read a more detailed tutorial for this project.

Have you ever used peel and stick wallpaper for your DIY projects? Let me know in the comments below!

• Dresser
  • Peel and Stick Wallpaper  (Amazon (visit blog post for link))
  • Scissors
Chelsea @ Making Manzanita

• Judy

Did you cover the front if the drawers as well? Either way it looks great.

• Boa24677055

Why couldn't you just simply paint the drawers? Seems a lot easier than putting peel & stick paper on them.

• Chr5327159

I like the thought of being able to change things easily and also there are so many patterns and colors to choose from when using peel and stick.

• Dpbeee2

Looks real nice! I think this is a great idea. I generally paint mine, however, I find them harder to slide in and out. Did you have this issue?

• Sue MacDevitt

Beautiful idea. Love it!

• 62q10370829

I'm using a white with black flowers in my kitchen above my counter as kitchen is dark red & I can't stand the red but renting & don't want to put money into rental. What I got done has made the kitchen lighter. Just got the wall behind stove to do.