Final question for gardeners

+9
Flower or weed. i think it came out a box of mix wild flowers. Its about three feet tall. The only one in the garden.
q final question for gardeners
  • Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Sep 19, 2017
    wait it out and see if there are flowers,looks like it is a wildflower weedier just a wild flower,but with out seeing the flower there really is no way to identify
  • Nancy Turner Nancy Turner on Sep 19, 2017
    I have no idea, sorry! Looks a bit like goldenrod, but not really.
  • Lorraine Lorraine on Sep 19, 2017
    break a leaf and smell it.....it looks like peppermint in seed
  • Tme23581312 Tme23581312 on Sep 19, 2017
    Amaranth. Not sure which variety. Most people are familiar with the seeds in multi-grain bread, but the seeds are tedious to separate and clean from the rest of the seed head. Instead, cook and eat the leaves like you would kale, collards or other cooked greens. They are a powerhouse of nutrients.
    Maybe only one plant this year, but you will probably have them for years to come since they re-seed easily. It's best to cut them before the heads ripen and form seeds. I personally grow the deep red version which means it's easy to spot the seedlings. I remove most, but allow a half dozen or so to grow so I can pick, cook and freeze the leaves for winter meals.
  • Michele Michele on Sep 19, 2017
    That could be an herb

• Laurie Laurie on Sep 23, 2017
    If you like it it's a plant, if you don't like it it's a weed.

• B. Enne B. Enne on Sep 23, 2017
    picture? Technically wild flowers are weeds.
  • Jim N Cindy Orman Jim N Cindy Orman on Sep 23, 2017
    looks a little like verbascum, but I'm not sure
  • Missroselady Missroselady on Sep 23, 2017
    I've always called it Milkweed and I pull it out of garden before seeds fall.