Brian S
Brian S
  • Eagle, MI

Glass Top Coffee Table Frame Updated With an Oak Pallet Top

$15.00

I was in need of a coffee table and stumbled upon a glass top coffee table frame on Craigslist for $15.00. I used an old oak pallet that I had picked up last summer to make a new top. I'm very happy with the way that this turned out.
glass top coffee table frame updated with an oak pallet top, painted furniture, pallet, repurposing upcycling, woodworking projects
I found this table frame on Craigslist for $15.00.
I used a reciprocating saw to cut through the nails and disassemble the pallet so that the rusty nail heads would stay in the wood.  I cut the pieces for the top, dry-fitted and numbered them.
I used a reciprocating saw to cut through the nails and disassemble the pallet so that the rusty nail heads would stay in the wood. I cut the pieces for the top, dry-fitted and numbered them.
The wood was turned over and screwed together with pocket holes.  Love that Kreg jig.
The wood was turned over and screwed together with pocket holes. Love that Kreg jig.
The frame was painted with Rust-oleum, metallic, oil rubbed bronze paint.
I cut a piece of MDF slightly larger than the top of the frame, painted it black and then attached the top to the MDF.

• JessicaBradford

how did you get the mdf and pallet pieces attached to the metal frame?

• Brian S

@JessicaBradford The mdf was screwed to the bottom of the pallet pieces. The top of the metal frame was flat where the glass sat on it. I drilled holes in the flat part and then screwed that to the mdf.

• Tricia

THAT'S REALLY NICE! i too have a coffee table frame w/ no glass and love the pallet look. i will definitely look into making this or something similar. :)