Venting Frustration

Working crown molding around the living room, I hit a snag I had known all along was going to be a real problem. This vent was smack dab in the way, no avoiding it.
I find it odd that I started installing while still lacking a coherent strategy for dealing with the inevitable horror of the impending collision. Heck, I even started installing the molding before I could find a the replacement vent cover. Here's where the online DIY community is so great. I posted a question on Hometalk.com, hoping for some ideas and options from fellow DIY'ers.

They came though with great ideas. Catch the whole story on the blog. Link at the bottom.
venting frustration, diy, home maintenance repairs, how to, hvac, wall decor, Old McNasty here has to go but how to avoid the crown molding crash
Old McNasty here has to go, but how to avoid the crown molding crash?
venting frustration, diy, home maintenance repairs, how to, hvac, wall decor, Awesome Hometalk readers came back with plenty of great ideas and advice
Awesome Hometalk readers came back with plenty of great ideas and advice!
venting frustration, diy, home maintenance repairs, how to, hvac, wall decor, I installed a new vent cover
I installed a new vent cover,
venting frustration, diy, home maintenance repairs, how to, hvac, wall decor, marked the location
...marked the location,
venting frustration, diy, home maintenance repairs, how to, hvac, wall decor, carved out a slot
... carved out a slot,
venting frustration, diy, home maintenance repairs, how to, hvac, wall decor, and shot it in place
...and shot it in place.
venting frustration, diy, home maintenance repairs, how to, hvac, wall decor, Almost done Just some sanding caulking and painting and it s a wrap I can still remove the cover from behind the molding if I ever need to get in there
Almost done! Just some sanding, caulking and painting.and it's a wrap. I can still remove the cover from behind the molding if I ever need to get in there.
John @ AZ DIY Guy

Questions on this post

Your question...

Comments

2 of 5 comments
Next