Lisa
Lisa
  • Nampa, ID

Furniture Revival

I bought this great dresser for $30 at a local thrift store and I love it! I want to renew, revive, make her beautiful again! I need some ideas, please.....
furniture revival, painted furniture

• Jeanette S

What a FANTASTIC piece. I would take the drawers out and just clean them...and leave them as they are! I read recently that baby oil is the best thing to cut grime and grease...and it probably won't hurt the details on the drawers...but I would do a test on the sides of this first. I would repair and then paint all but the drawers a charcoal gray and then wax it. You can probably find a matching missing drawer pull or just put on new ones. PLEASE post finished product photos. (You can always paint out more later if you want to.)

• Lisa

@Jeanette S Love your ideas, I will try the baby oil. I also love your paint color choice, think I will go with that! I am looking for the drawer pulls on ebay. I will definitely post "after" photos....

• what a beautiful find. it looks like there is damage to one of the drawers on the edge. You could clean all of the fronts but I think you'd have a hard time finding a replacement veneer to match identically. But you could do a really pretty painting accent that makes the graphic look framed out- the original intent of the different trim on the drawers... Again beautiful piece!!

• Lisa

@Vintage Charm Restored by Lori Young Thank you Lori! I love the idea of just cleaning the drawers. Someone else suggested charcoal grey for the body, which I think would be striking. About the painting accent, do you have an example you can show me?