Kelleysgirl
Kelleysgirl
  • Friendswood, TX

Farmhouse Laundry Room Update

$250
2 Weeks

I have wanted to remodel our laundry room long before we had a repipe done this year, leaving holes in the walls. Farmhouse has been my style, pretty much all my life, so I knew that is the direction I wanted to go.

First, a couple of before pics that I am not proud of.
farmhouse laundry room update
Messy. That is the only word I can use to describe my laundry room before the update. I have always hated this room, and because of that, it became a catch-all. And cluttered.
farmhouse laundry room update
We removed everything from the room, and this is what we had to work with. We thought of patching the wall, but since we planned to do a wood plank wall, we decided to see if it would work without patching.
farmhouse laundry room update
We planked the wall using underlayment that we bought and had cut at Home Depot and painted it white, and had no problems with the holes. We trimmed out the edges later.
farmhouse laundry room update
We added cabinets and shelves. More details on my blog on the process.
farmhouse laundry room update
And here is the finished room. So happy with how it came out.
farmhouse laundry room update
Many more details on my blog, including the wall laundry sorter I made from the flower board I posted about previously.

This project took about 2 weekends of work.

Not sure why some of the pictures look so grainy. They don't look this way on my blog.

:) kg

• Underlayment  (Home Depot)
  • Cabinets  (Home Depot)
  • Lumber  (Home Depot)
Kelleysgirl