Asked on Sep 22, 2017

How do you get pee/poo stain out of your carpet that have been there

Susan gibbsIau62Cyndi
+7

I have a Dachshund who just loves going to the bathroom inside even when she's just been taken out.

Janet Pizaro

Try Natures Miracle available from pet stores
  • Sandy Mills McDowell
    Sandy Mills McDowell

You may try what we have to do, put absorbent pads down where your baby usually goes, change when needed and they are available at most grocery stores or Walmart. When accidents happen, I use a spray carpet cleaner for pet stains, scrub with sponge and leave wet. They usually don't want to go back to those spots you have cleaned. Good luck!!
    • Diane
      Diane

thanks....when I first got her...she's 12 now...I tried pads and she and her sister went everywhere but where they were supposed to.
  • Iau62
    Iau62

GENESIS' 950 CONCENTRATE from Amazon. I tried everything imaginable and then some.... This is the best I have ever used!!! It smells wonderful and takes out even old kool-aid stains. I have beige carpet too. It cost $65.00. But its concentrated and I did 3 rooms. Living room, Den and Dining room. And I still have 2 1/2 gallons left. I have a 3000 sq. ft house, so the rooms I did were big rooms. It was so easy..... Just go over once and let it sit for at least 3 hrs and then vacuum over and the stains are gone. If need be go over bad stains a few times. Before, I always had to go over and over and when dried the stains and odors were still there. But not with Genesis. Its been 3 mos since I did it and no smell or odor. So all around, time wise, breaking back time and $$..... THIS WAS WELL WORTH IT!!!!
  • Cyndi
    Cyndi

There is a product called Proxi Spray and Walk Away (only online) It's the best stuff EVER! Just know that if the carpet fibers are bleached out from the urine--nothing can fix that other than replacing the carpet. Good luck!
    • Diane
      Diane

thanks...just really want yo get smell out and to make it look like she never did it in the first place
  • Iau62
    Iau62

• Susan gibbs
    Susan gibbs

oh my. I have the same dachshund problem. They are my favorite dog of all time...pee and poo included. They are very difficult to potty train. You might try using straight hydrogen peroxide with a drop of blue dawn and a scribe brush. If the stain is wet, blot first. Do not overuse the dawn . too much soap will attract dirt, but this combination can be used on organic stains including blood. I use it all the time. It is best on natural fibers like wool or Cotten throw rugs, but also on synthetic fibers. I have standard longhairred doxies...a Black and Tan and tro reds. They are precious, loving, stubborn and beautiful.
    • Diane
      Diane

thank you...will it take out the stains that have been there a year or longer? I posted the post before I was done asking the question