Marybeth Santos
Marybeth Santos
  • Canton, MA

3 Dollar Store Pumpkin Makeovers

$8

Have you bought your dollar store pumpkins yet? What are you waiting for?? I have three cute dollar store makeovers for you.
3 dollar store pumpkin makeovers
Here are the dollar store pumpkins. It's like they are just crying out "Make Me Over!"
3 dollar store pumpkin makeovers
The first pumpkin got a pretty, copper patina look. It was very simple to do. I painted the pumpkin with green/teal craft paint first and allowed it to dry. Then, I mixed a small amount, less than the size of a dime, of copper craft paint with a few drops of water to thin it out and applied the thinned paint with a paint brush. I also painted the stem with the copper paint. Let it dry and it's good to go!
3 dollar store pumpkin makeovers
Next up is my edgy, studded pumpkin. I painted this one a dark blue first and then I pulled apart the layers of some black dollar store roses and attached them to the pumpkin with gold thumbtacks. I inserted the thumbtack into the center part of the petals (there's already a hole there from the stem!) and then continued adding and layering petals until the pumpkin was fully covered. Paint the stem copper and hot glue a fake spider (which came with the black dollar store roses!) and you are done!
3 dollar store pumpkin makeovers
Last up is this sassy Jack-O-Lantern. I painted this one dark blue and then used gold thumb tacks to make a jack-o-lantern face. Her stem got painted copper and she was just crying out for a black rose to top off the look.
3 dollar store pumpkin makeovers
If I don't count the time it took to let the paint dry, none of these pumpkins took more than 30 minutes. And the cost is minimal. I bought 3 pumpkins and 3 bouquets of the black roses for a total of $6 and I happened to have the paint and the thumbtacks on hand. You could probably pick those up for another couple of bucks, if you needed to! This is one of my all time favorites because the transformation is just adorable!
3 dollar store pumpkin makeovers
And, if you're in need of a laugh, I suggest you head over to the blog and take a quick read. I lost my mind a little while making these pumpkins. Don't worry, I found it again.

• Dollar Store Pumpkins  (Dollar Tree)
  • Craft Paint
  • Dollar Store Black Roses  (Dollar Tree)
Marybeth Santos