How can I cover up a half moon window without using redi shades

+15
q how can i cover up a half moon window without using redi shades
Need to cover in order to get some sleep
  • Karen Tokarse Karen Tokarse on Sep 22, 2017
    Apply some "frosted glass" contact paper.
  • Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Sep 22, 2017
    You can purchase privacy film and cut it to size
  • Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on Sep 22, 2017
    Cut out the shape in cardboard and tape it up.... OR Curtain it.
  • Michele Michele on Sep 22, 2017
    I have seen people put tinfoil in these and it actually affects the seal. You could attach a thick fabric that stays. I don't cover mine.
  • Dfm Dfm on Sep 22, 2017
    i would just use the peel and stick frosted look plastic cling films.
  • DAG12262022 DAG12262022 on Sep 22, 2017
    AUTO PARTS STORE HAS TINTED PLASTIC CONTAC PAPER THAT STICKS
  • Barb Barb on Sep 22, 2017
    Make a template and use card board and place fabric of your choice to make your home
  • FL FL on Sep 22, 2017
    wo pics: one is a curtain and the other a fan!
    • SC SC on Feb 08, 2021

Kindly let me know where I can get a paper fan shape to cover the circle window. Thanks so much in advance.

• Maggie Maggie on Sep 23, 2017
    Lowes and Home Depot sell window film that looks like stain glass or other designs and you put them on your window with baby shampoo and water and a credit card (or their version of a credit card). They really look great but if you don't like them they are easy to remove. I have used them several times in various houses.
  • Lynn Lynn on Sep 24, 2017
    Make a template of the opening. Cut out a piece of OSB board using your template. (To reduce weight, cut out the center, leaving approximately 1 1/2"-2" to attach your fabric to. If cutting out the center, use black out lining to cover the back side.) Cover the back (street side) with lining fabric, wrapping it to the other side. On the front (bedroom) side, cover with a fabric that coordinates with your room. I would probably use a staple gun, folding the raw edges in as you go. (You don't necessarily have to fold the edges in as you will finish the edge with a trim of your choice. I'm just a little OCD.) Depending on the thickness of your board, staple either along the very edge of the front side, or, if the board is thick enough, you can wrap over the edge, stapling along the edge of the board, trimming it close so the edges do not show on the street side. Start at the center top. Put three staples in at the top, then move to the bottom edge, alternating from top to bottom. When fabrics are in place, finish off with a trim of your choice. I would probably use a flat, gimp trim. Attach with fabric glue. Fabri-Tac has worked well for me. WalMart and JoAnn's usually have it and I'm sure Hobby Lobby has it as well. You should be able to just push it in to the opening. If you have trouble getting it to stay, try a double sided tape to hold it in place or if there is room, you could screw it into place. (Leave an unglued space in the trim and pull it back a bit to hide your screw.)

• Diane Diane on Sep 24, 2017
    If you would like a design, go on ebay look at window decals. All sizes, removable. They still let in light but you see your motif i.e. birds trees, city's, etc. A very wide selection. Good luck.
  • TAMMY SPALSBURY TAMMY SPALSBURY on Sep 25, 2017
    Window cling film, depending on how big the window is you will be covering. If its large you will have to cut the film in sections. My thoughts on it, is I would cut pieces to fit each triangle. And if that won't work then cut the trimngles for the small half circle at the bottom. You can get all types of the cling film at the holmdepot.
  • Wendie Krupnik Wendie Krupnik on Oct 05, 2020

I have a flexible curtain rod made of plastic and it came with instructions how to make the curtain which is the length of the centre strip with a couple inches extra for a rosette and double the width of the base measurement of your half moon window. You will put your now made curtain on the rod, it bends and snaps into place. You will use two tie wraps to pull the fabric together at the base of the curtain. Once you get the fabric all gathered into the bottom centre and evenly distributed you tie wrap the first rewrap to hold your gather fabric (it should support itself if it's gathered tightly) now take excess fabric and bring it back toward your already tie wrapped section and it should look like a flower. I personally love my window and don't want to hide it. This helps showcase it.