DeeDee
DeeDee
  • Decatur, TX

3 Tiered Clothespin Chandelier

$32

We had to relocate the light in our laundry room. We wanted a really neat light in the room so we started thinking of ideas and I remembered that Young House Love Blog made their own clothespin light for their laundry room and I knew I had pinned some different ideas on Pinterest, so off I went to get the details.
3 tiered clothespin chandelier
First we scanned Pinterest for more ideas and that's when my honey found this one (visit out blog to see).  We loved it so we made it.  If you visit their site, you'll notice there are no instructions. We improvised and came up with our own idea to create one that resembled theirs.

You will need:

One tomato cage 32" x 12" - $2.00
One pendant light kit - $18.00
One large stove top drip pan - $1.25
LOTS of clothespins (we used 192 pins) - $1.50 per pkg of 50
Spray paint to match your light kit - $5.00  (not shown)

Total project cost: $32.25 
It cost us $24.00 because we already had the tomato cage, drip pan and paint.
3 tiered clothespin chandelier
First you will cut down the tomato cage using the 3 largest rings.  We spaced each ring 3 1/4" apart.  The largest ring needs to keep the long side supports attached facing upwards.  The middle ring doesn't have any side supports on it at all so we secured it on with zip ties.  The smallest ring keeps the long side supports the full length as well so you can attach your drip pan.  Place the smallest ring on the assembly with the long wires pointing toward the largest.
3 tiered clothespin chandelier
I know this is hard to understand but maybe by seeing the pictures you can figure it out.  If you need to, just ask us questions, please don't be shy!  Now try on the light kit to the drip pan.  Ours fit perfectly!  Woohoo!
3 tiered clothespin chandelier
That little white piece holds everything snug and tight together.  Who'da thought you could make a chandelier with a stove top drip pan and a tomato cage! Ha!
3 tiered clothespin chandelier
I painted the entire thing using the Rustoleum Oil Rubbed Bronze paint.  Ya gotta have everything matchy matchy ya know! Next, wire it in to your outlet and attach the light kit securely.
3 tiered clothespin chandelier
Lastly you attach 192 clothespins to the tomato cage wires and tah dah! You now have a very awesome conversation piece hanging in your laundry room!
3 tiered clothespin chandelier
If you want to see what else we've made using clothespins, visit our blog HERE.
DeeDee

• Denise Jones Towns

Very clever and the base for many other options. Using drapery clips instead of clothespins you could hang a multitude of small decorative items from the shade base. I’m thinking shells? Silk flowers? Christmas ornaments?

• Marianne

I hope to try it. I am wondering what the dimensions are. Can this b done to have a maximum of fourteen inches and what could one use as a frame. Thanks

• DeeDee

Hi there! We used a large stove top drip pan and a tomato cage so I'm not really sure what else you could use in place of those items. Sorry!

• Jaf16637929

I Love this, I just ordered most of the things I need to make this project. I just moved into a new home and my laundry room needs some style. Could you tell me what watt bulb are you using. What is the highest wattage you would use. You both are so talented.

Loanne Flynn

• DeeDee

Thank you so much! We are using a 60 watt LED Edison bulb. You could use any LED bulb and not worry about it getting hot. :)

• Reeyah

🤩😍😘😲 Omg everything is amazingly, elegantly and intelligently crafted can't decide which will I try 1st lol thanks to u for sharing ur skills,God

• Jo

I LOVE it!