3 Tiered Clothespin Chandelier

$32

We had to relocate the light in our laundry room. We wanted a really neat light in the room so we started thinking of ideas and I remembered that Young House Love Blog made their own clothespin light for their laundry room and I knew I had pinned some different ideas on Pinterest, so off I went to get the details.
First we scanned Pinterest for more ideas and that's when my honey found this one (visit out blog to see).  We loved it so we made it.  If you visit their site, you'll notice there are no instructions. We improvised and came up with our own idea to create one that resembled theirs.

You will need:

One tomato cage 32" x 12" - $2.00
One pendant light kit - $18.00
One large stove top drip pan - $1.25
LOTS of clothespins (we used 192 pins) - $1.50 per pkg of 50
Spray paint to match your light kit - $5.00  (not shown)

Total project cost: $32.25 
It cost us $24.00 because we already had the tomato cage, drip pan and paint.
First you will cut down the tomato cage using the 3 largest rings.  We spaced each ring 3 1/4" apart.  The largest ring needs to keep the long side supports attached facing upwards.  The middle ring doesn't have any side supports on it at all so we secured it on with zip ties.  The smallest ring keeps the long side supports the full length as well so you can attach your drip pan.  Place the smallest ring on the assembly with the long wires pointing toward the largest.
I know this is hard to understand but maybe by seeing the pictures you can figure it out.  If you need to, just ask us questions, please don't be shy!  Now try on the light kit to the drip pan.  Ours fit perfectly!  Woohoo!
That little white piece holds everything snug and tight together.  Who'da thought you could make a chandelier with a stove top drip pan and a tomato cage! Ha!
I painted the entire thing using the Rustoleum Oil Rubbed Bronze paint.  Ya gotta have everything matchy matchy ya know! Next, wire it in to your outlet and attach the light kit securely.
Lastly you attach 192 clothespins to the tomato cage wires and tah dah! You now have a very awesome conversation piece hanging in your laundry room!
If you want to see what else we've made using clothespins, visit our blog HERE.

DeeDee

• Lisa West

That is so cute. I love oil rubbed bronze. Such a great color and goes with any decor. Thank you for sharing. Also did you seal the. Clothes pins? Just curious. Dust is awful. Makes me sneeze terrible. Lol

• DeeDee

Thank you so much Lisa, no, I did not seal the clothes pins, but you certainly could! :)

• Tracy

I wonder if you could do this with forks and spoons!

• Sandra Ross Warren

Looks like they are just clipped onto the wire rings. Loose, just like you would open them to attach your clothes to a clothesline. No need to use glue or anything.

• Janet Paula

What did you use to attach the clothes pins? And, what else can be used?

• Rita Hendricks

Clothes pins are ready made to clip on anything, like Clothes on a rope a.k.a. laundry line ... l.o.l. I think Miss. Janet Paula must be a 90's baby... and doesn't know how clothespins work ... l.o.l. My 1st. child was the last of the years of Cloth diper babies