Bed Before & After

I was hired to do merchandising for a furniture consignment shop and found this ol' fella hiding in the back room scratched, banged and chipped. I convinced a lady to purchase it and offered my services to refinish it.
He sat in my living room for 2 weeks until my client picked it up.  I think clients and friends who visited my place thought me a bit "off"  ;)
He sat in my living room for 2 weeks until my client picked it up. I think clients and friends who visited my place thought me a bit "off" ;)
I could see through the marring and misuse of this piece to the beautiful details and wood grain screaming to come out...
Using three different stains; Provence, Walnut & Cherry, really featured the distinctive details ad character...
Tana, Little Red Bag Productions

• Denise King

How did you use three stains? I simply adore the way it finished out and find old wood pieces that need tlc often.

• Hi Denise :) I used the three stains to add dimension and show it's lovely lines.... a cherry was applied to the main surface to make it rich and interesting, provence added to the curves and a deeper walnut to the balance.... looking back, i wish i would have kept it for myself !