A Plain Chest Make-over Now Looks Like an Antique Treasure

Giving plain furnishings a face lift isn't difficult and ideas are abundant here on Hometalk. This chest was plain and simple, yet I'm a gal who likes detail, texture and elegance. So I gave it "My" personality with paint and Raised Plaster Stencils. The diference was overwhelming!
a plain chest make over now looks like an antique treasure, painted furniture, Raised Plaster Stenciling and a bit of paint gave this plain chest a new focal place in my home
Raised Plaster Stenciling and a bit of paint gave this plain chest a new focal place in my home.
a plain chest make over now looks like an antique treasure, painted furniture, Before it was a very usable but plain chest that sat at the end of my bed to hold linens
Before, it was a very usable, but plain chest that sat at the end of my bed to hold linens.
a plain chest make over now looks like an antique treasure, painted furniture, I first primed the piece then painted it brown I added very ornamental plaster stenciling to the top front and sides using commong joint compound
I first primed the piece then painted it brown. I added very ornamental plaster stenciling to the top, front and sides using commong joint compound.
a plain chest make over now looks like an antique treasure, painted furniture, The intense detail will soon appear to be hand carved detail in the finished design
The intense detail will soon appear to be hand carved detail in the finished design.
a plain chest make over now looks like an antique treasure, painted furniture, I sponged lighter brown paint over the entire surface then used a darker glaze over just the design to make it more pronounced Now for a bit of glitz I painted just the raised design with metallic gold paint Love it
I sponged lighter brown paint over the entire surface then used a darker glaze over just the design to make it more pronounced. Now, for a bit of "glitz", I painted just the raised design with metallic gold paint. Love it!

Questions on this post

Your question...

Comments

2 of 5 comments
Next