How can I remove Car Oil stain from clothing?

+8
  • Nancy Turner Nancy Turner on Sep 25, 2017
    I had good luck with putting Tide or Dawn right on the spot. Hubby worked on old cement trucks for a few years and always came home with old grease and oil on his clothes. Worked well for me!
  • Cheryl A Cheryl A on Sep 25, 2017
    blue Dawn dishwashing liquid works great on removing oils of any kind - put on the spot, let it sit for 10-15 min then scrub lightly, rinse with cold water until the suds are gone then wash as normal.
  • Ellis Ellis on Sep 25, 2017
    I agree with Nancy. The other two detergents I have had good luck with are ERA or Persil. There is also a product called Grease Relief, which is sold in stores and on Amazon, which I have found helpful.
    • Lola Lola on Sep 26, 2017
      ERA I have heard is a good detergent, I will try Tide which I have at home, and will purchase ERA and hope that it works. Thanks
  • Dfm Dfm on Sep 25, 2017
    have you tried dish soap.....
    • Lola Lola on Sep 26, 2017
      Yes, I tried Dawn, not out yet. I will try the suggestions above and hope for the best. Thanks
  • Vdu21803349 Vdu21803349 on Sep 25, 2017
    I use Awesome Degreaser from DollarTree. Spray it on the stain, let sit a few hours, wash. If stain remains, repeat. Best product I have ever used on clothing stains and it only costs $1.00 !!!
  • Lola Lola on Sep 26, 2017
    Thank you all for the suggestions.
  • Dfm Dfm on Sep 26, 2017
    try "goop". Mechanics use it to remove the grease from their hands. I've used it to get ink pen out of my uniforms.