DIY Dog Treat Container {Upcycle Project!}

$6

I created a super cute DIY Dog Treat Container with an old candle jar that I emptied and cleaned out, in a post done in partnership with Milo's Kitchen home-style dog treats and Meijer! I melted the leftover wax in the microwave and scooped it out, and then removed the label and washed the candle jar in the dishwasher.
diy dog treat container upcycle project
While I waited for my candle jar to finish in the dishwasher, I stained a wooden pedestal, wooden circle, and wooden knob that I purchased at the craft store.
diy dog treat container upcycle project
diy dog treat container upcycle project
Next, I cut an adorable dog bone shape using my electronic cutting machine. If you don't have a cutting machine, no problem! You can find adorable pet-themed stickers at the craft store. Just purchase a pack and use those instead!
diy dog treat container upcycle project
The next step was to glue the glass jar to the wooden pedestal. I made sure to use glue that bonds wood and glass. Read the label of the glue you plan to use to make sure yours does, too! Many do not!
diy dog treat container upcycle project
I decided to spray paint the lid of my candle jar to give it a more custom look. Once that dried, I glued the stained wooden circle and stained knob to the top. This was purely decorative - I just wanted a pretty look for this DIY Dog Treat Container!
diy dog treat container upcycle project
Once the glue dried, my DIY Dog Container was finished! I filled it with treats and love how it looks on my counter! (Of course my dog loves it, too!)
diy dog treat container upcycle project
Can you believe this used to be a candle jar? It looks so much cuter as a dog treat container now! If you enjoyed this project, you might like another upcycle project of mine where I turned a Dollar Store Laundry Hamper into a Beautiful Decorative Basket! Or, you can click on the link to my blog post below to find out more details about this project!

• Wood pedestal
  • Glass jar
  • Glue
Bre @ Average But Inspired