DIY Dog Treat Container {Upcycle Project!}

$6

I created a super cute DIY Dog Treat Container with an old candle jar that I emptied and cleaned out, in a post done in partnership with Milo's Kitchen home-style dog treats and Meijer! I melted the leftover wax in the microwave and scooped it out, and then removed the label and washed the candle jar in the dishwasher.
While I waited for my candle jar to finish in the dishwasher, I stained a wooden pedestal, wooden circle, and wooden knob that I purchased at the craft store.
Next, I cut an adorable dog bone shape using my electronic cutting machine. If you don't have a cutting machine, no problem! You can find adorable pet-themed stickers at the craft store. Just purchase a pack and use those instead!
The next step was to glue the glass jar to the wooden pedestal. I made sure to use glue that bonds wood and glass. Read the label of the glue you plan to use to make sure yours does, too! Many do not!
I decided to spray paint the lid of my candle jar to give it a more custom look. Once that dried, I glued the stained wooden circle and stained knob to the top. This was purely decorative - I just wanted a pretty look for this DIY Dog Treat Container!
Once the glue dried, my DIY Dog Container was finished! I filled it with treats and love how it looks on my counter! (Of course my dog loves it, too!)
Can you believe this used to be a candle jar? It looks so much cuter as a dog treat container now! If you enjoyed this project, you might like another upcycle project of mine where I turned a Dollar Store Laundry Hamper into a Beautiful Decorative Basket! Or, you can click on the link to my blog post below to find out more details about this project!

• Wood pedestal
  • Glass jar
  • Glue

Bre @ Average But Inspired