Kara Spurlock
Kara Spurlock
  • Huntington, WV

Diy headboard from hollow core door! Total cost $40!

$40.00

I love the idea of an upholstered headboard. But not the price so much. I also needed to be mounted to wall. So I made my own with an hollow core door (24 x 80), egg crate foam, fabric! Finished with upholstery tacks!
I am really happy it fit right under the window, and the chair rail was a non issue!
diy headboard from hollow core door total cost 40, bedroom ideas, diy, home decor, painted furniture
The tacks really give it a nice detail!
The tacks really give it a nice detail!
Wrapped door (already had door) with egg crate foam. Used a little spray adhesive and good ole electric staple gun.
Just get try to wrap some yet tight. With no creases on the corners.
Next wrap and staple fabric.
Next wrap and staple fabric.
Made indention all the way around with staple gun, carefully spacing evenly.
Finished with tacks covering all staples. I used the large tacks instead of small ones. Much easier to cover staples and work with.
Hanging it was as easy as attaching D rings to back, stringing wire and hanging like a giant picture. The bed anchors the bottom.

• Shawnda

Did you attach this to the wall using a piece of wood attached to a wall stud? As many of these as I have read, I don't have a clear mental pic as how these look on the back at the "attachment time". Could you help me out with that? I have my doors, material, pic hanging wire all ready to go!!

• Bernice H

This is really nice. I posted a picture of the one I made on HT,I used molding and those rose type of end pieces,don't remember what they are called. Hollow core doors are really handy. I also made a desktop out of one,posted. I had in mind to someday ,when I was restless , to cover it like yours!

• Linda Glass Barbieri

I am going to give this a try! Thank you!