Simple and Cute Kids Bedroom Sign

$5

My two daughters share a room and I wanted to make a special sign to hang on their door. I made this simple sign from just yarn and glue. So easy! The pink variegated yarn looks especially sweet for a girls' room. Like this project? Then check out my other colorful home decor crafts - many of which you can make in under 1 hour for under $20!
simple and cute kids bedroom sign
You can easily make this with some extra yarn and an old picture frame you have on hand (no glass needed in the frame)!
simple and cute kids bedroom sign
Supplies:
  • Picture frame without glass
  • White cardstock
  • Yarn in your favorite colors
  • Hot glue
  • Pencil
  • Scissors
simple and cute kids bedroom sign
Step 1:
Cut a piece of white cardstock to fit your frame and then start by freehand drawing the names with a pencil. You can also print out the words using a computer font if you don't trust your freehand!
simple and cute kids bedroom sign
Step 2:
To add the yarn, start with a small bead of hot glue along the first letter and press the yarn into the glue. Work with a small section at a time as the glue dries fast! If you are doing cursive letters, try to keep the yarn in one continuous strand, only cutting where necessary, such as between the "s" and "t" here.
simple and cute kids bedroom sign
Step 3:
To make the frame, start at the outside by adding a small bead of hot glue and pressing the yarn into it. Work your way around the frame, adding glue as you go and making sure to line up the yarn rows close together to prevent any gaps between rows.
simple and cute kids bedroom sign
Step 4:
Once you have covered the frame, trim the end of the yarn and secure in place with glue. Add your new sign to the frame and hang! I used two 3M command strips to add my frame to the front of my daughters' bedroom door.
simple and cute kids bedroom sign
Have fun customizing the colors of the yarn you use. Of course, you can use this yarn letter technique to make all varieties of sayings, not just room signs!
simple and cute kids bedroom sign
Like this project? Then check out my other colorful home decor crafts - many of which you can make in under 1 hour for under $20!

• Yarn  (craft store)
  • Frame  (thirft store)
  • Hot glue  (craft store)
Design Improvised | Haeley Giambalvo