Desk Transformation

This piece was in a friends garage for a spell and so I dragged it home to give it some lovin'! It didn't have a whole lot of personality so I had to get creative to make it shine. I think that with a different chair and a beautiful lit oval mirror above it, it could serve well as a vanity! Am I allowed to say that she's for sale? $250. :)
The top unit of the desk is actually meant to hang above the desk but lord knows I have too many holes in my walls as it is!
Love me!
Love me!
Has a bit of a femme side...
Has a bit of a femme side...
I tend to tinker around with  my design concepts in a photo software program to see what may be....
I tend to tinker around with my design concepts in a photo software program to see what may be....
The poly and waxing (x3) really allowed for a lovely sheen on the drawers.
I stripped the top and left it cuz it's gorgeous and just put a light coat of ebony stain on it and then sealed.  (the pic doesn't do it justice at all)
I stripped the top and left it cuz it's gorgeous and just put a light coat of ebony stain on it and then sealed. (the pic doesn't do it justice at all)
Ye ol' hardware just needed a wee bit of cleaning and buffing to give it presence.  Looks nice with the stripes don'tcha think?
Ye ol' hardware just needed a wee bit of cleaning and buffing to give it presence. Looks nice with the stripes don'tcha think?
The top unit had this big lovely knot in it so I used the same ebony stain as the desk top to keep it consistent.

Tana, Little Red Bag Productions