Anika Gandhi
Anika Gandhi
  • Cypress, CA

Turn an Old TV Table Into a Fun Place for Legos

$10

Its fun to find old furniture on the curb and give it a whole new life! I found this TV table in a pile of stuff my friend was getting rid off and had to have it.
turn an old tv table into a fun place for legos
The table was in a really poor shape - very beaten up and also a fair share of mold!
Needless to say, it had to get a good clean and sanitization. More details on that in my blog post.
I also gave the entire table a decent sanding for good measure.
I started by adding a rail on one end that wrapper around a bit to the adjoining ends. The rail was made by 1x2s and joined using wood screws and glue.
That was followed by painting the entire table. I chose a plain white so that the rest of the colors could pop.
I cut up lego base plates to fit in the space and attached them. I decided to add a little message at the top of the table where it holds a lego.
I simply printed it out and traced it onto the table then came back and painted the letters.

There you are - a portable lego table.
It is so fun to have a space for my daughter's legos. The bonus is that once she is done, you can just fold it and put it away.

If you enjoyed this, be sure to check out the awesome DIY ideas for kids decor! 

• Lego base plates  (amazon)
  • 1x2  (hardware store)
  • Wood screws  (hardware store)
Anika Gandhi

• Diane Horn DeMontalvo

Great idea. And maybe it will keep them off of the floor. OUCH !

• Robin

Awesome idea... I’m going to do this for my grandson with a lift-top table so the LEGO’s can be stored inside... maybe a race track around the outside so he can “drive” his cars too!! Thanks for the inspiration!!! I’ll post if it comes out well 😉