Do I paint, stain or leave my new additions as is?

+6
q do i paint stain or leave my new additions as is
I extended my fence height with lattice and I had a pergola added to the front porch. The new wood looks out of place. Should I paint, stain, or leave as is?
  • Carol Carol on Sep 27, 2017
    I had the whole front of my house recovered with new cut cedar shakes. I put a clear stain on it to keep the color. It still looks great (and new) after two years and I live in a very rainy area. I plan to re-stain every couple of years because it looks so clean. Great preservative too. So if you like the color it is now, clear stain it.
  • Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on Sep 27, 2017
    Leave as is, until you decide you would really like to refresh them.
  • Ebbjdl Ebbjdl on Sep 27, 2017
    If you like the look of fresh wood seal it with a weather-proof application. If you want to paint it, do so. Make sure you buy a paint that's weather-proof, and seal it too. Good Luck!
  • Precious Pins Precious Pins on Sep 27, 2017
    yes, pls don't forget to seal.
  • Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Sep 27, 2017
    If you feel it looks out of place then stain it
  • Jwa14122517 Jwa14122517 on Sep 27, 2017
    Stain it. We used Cabot honey teak. It has the natural wood look with a tint. And has a weather seal in it.
  • Millie Millie on Sep 28, 2017
    Personally, I like stain better. It lasts longer, never needs all that upkeep from chipping, knicks and scratches. that easily cover with a bit of stain.
  • Ste29938651 Ste29938651 on Sep 28, 2017
    I have just built a set of front gates and arched gates on the side of the house and I painted them a medium grey Matt then used a satin clear coat to seal, and they look beautifu. Every visitor we get comments about them looking amazing, try it you'll be delighted with the look,
    kind regards Stewart