Haunted Mirror Halloween Decor DIY Craft
Give your Halloween decor a haunting update with this eerie craft idea. This Haunted Mirror is very easy to make and tons of fun to have around the house. Spook your friends and family. You can see the full post here.
Haunted Mirror - An Eerie DIY Halloween Decor
Here's What You Need:
- 1 Can – Krylon Looking Glass Silver Spray Paint
- 1 – 8″ x 10″ Picture Frame
- 1 – Image to fit an 8″ x 10″ Frame
How to Make the Haunted Mirror:
- Choose your Image.
- Scan Image and create an Inverse Image.
- Print out two copies – 1 Original Image, and 1 Inverse Image.
- Take Glass out of picture frame. Clean Glass very well.
- Tape the Inverse Image to the front or outside of the glass (image side facing the glass). This allows you to see exactly where your image will be once it is in the frame, and will help you during the spray painting.
- Place glass image side down on your spraying surface. You can see the image through the glass.
- Shake Krylon spray paint vigorously.
- Spray the entire glass with a fine mist of paint.
- Then add more paint in small spurts, especially to the areas around your image. You want there to be enough paint to create a mirror, but with a lighter spraying of paint on top of the image so that it shows through.
- Let the paint dry for at least one hour.
- Remove the Inverse image from the front of the glass and clean glass carefully.
- Place glass back into the frame–Glass side out, Painted side to the inside.
- Load the Original Image into the frame
SEE the BLOG post for some great TIPS and TRICKS for this project -- CLICK HERE!
I hope you have enjoyed our little Haunted Mirror Halloween DIY project. We had a blast making this for you — now, make your own. Have a Hauntingly Spooktacular Halloween!.
- Krylon Looking Glass Silver Spray Paint (Hobby Lobby)
- Picture Frame (Dollar Store)
Top Hometalk Projects
Want more details about this and other DIY projects? Check out my blog post!Go