Michelle Reesey
Michelle Reesey
  • Massillon, OH
Asked on Sep 27, 2017

Where to store my mop, broom? I have no storage for them in kitchen.

Nora Kristine MarksMichelle ReeseyNancy Turner
+5

• Me neither! Do you have a garage? That is where mine are. Or a portion of a closet?
  • Angela Ley

Do you have a linen or coat closet near by that you could put hooks in to hang them ? Or perhaps a trip to ikea for a small, stand-up wall cabinet ?
  • Peg

I had the same issue once. I ended up placing hooks on the back of my basement door which wasn't far from my kitchen.
  • Annie

do you have a basement stairway? Thats where I keep mine. Mounted one of those clip style brackets. Works great. If not, you can mount one to the back of a closet door.

• J.b. kelly

I put hook inside my coat closet,some tome there is space between the fridge and wall
  • Nancy Turner

I was lucky, the house my son bought, someone built in a cupboard right inside the basement stairway by the kitchen. It isn't very deep, but enough for a broom and my Swiffer pads, a mop and dustpan, we also hang all our leashes and dog collars in there, too (we have anywhere up to five dogs at all times).
  • Michelle Reesey

Thank you for all of your thoughts. Looks like the garage or basement steps is where my broom, etc. will find a home.
  • Nora Kristine Marks

Try putting them next to your freezer or fridge if you have room between the appliance and a wall. Use a spring curtain rod if there is enough room and hang a curtain on it to cover. Or if you are a handy, a small folding door or recycle a couple of shutters from the thrift shop. Hopefully you can fit a small oval bucket in it so that the mop can fit in it. Try adding a magnetic file holder to the fridge or freezer to put rags or sponges in.