Asked on Sep 27, 2017

What type of flooring do you put on old crack concrete kitchen floor?

WilliamKay27246977Janet Pizaro
+3

• Gretchen Williams Arrant

I'd lay a foundation of plywood then either a wood floor or tile.
  • Jason T. Lee

You need to patch the crack and then you can install vinyl or tile flooring. Be sure that the crack will not get worse before investing in a quality flooring job. If it is settling it can be lifted back into place by a foundation repair company.
  • Eag27369459

I would not try to change it. Home Depot has a concrete dye draw a design making the cracks a part of the design paint the design and the put on a gloss on the design and you should have a beautiful floor. I did this with a concrete floor and loved it and so did everyone who visited me.

If the concrete is cracking ,before installing a new floor perhaps one should find out why there are issues
  • Kay27246977

one that has the technology to hide imperfect subfloor, home depot sells vinyl tiles that have it

The cracks in the floor will need to be repaired before any flooring can go over it. Once repaired you can use any flooring you choose or that is within your budget.