DIY Recycled Bottle Cap Wind Chime

$7

Hello! Hope you enjoy this DIY project! I was inspired to make this project by the many bottle caps I have saved throughout the year. I thought this would be a cute and fun project to hang on my back porch.

The supplies needed for this project are simple! Bottle caps, paint, glitter glue, string, mason jar lid and a hot glue gun! The bottle caps are recycled and the rest of the supplies I picked up at Walmart.

The first step is to paint the bottle caps. I chose shades of aqua and teal to match my décor! I also added glitter glue to some of the caps for a little sparkle!
Once the paint and glitter glue dry down completely spray them with a sealer. I used Mod Podge Matte Clear Acrylic Sealer.

Take your hot glue gun and glue down a string to each side of the mason jar lid to create a handle for hanging.
Cut different size stings to hang from the mason jar lid and glue the bottle caps to the strings. I did different lengths using 3, 4 and 5 bottle caps per string.
Next step is to glue each string to the mason jar lid.
Let it dry and you are done!
For a full video tutorial check out the video posted below! Happy Crafting!
We want to help you DIY, so some of the materials in this post are linked to sellers. Just so you know, Hometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page.

• So cute and so pretty! Great job, thanks for sharing. 💕
  • Nancy

I have been collecting bottle caps just started may take me awhile to get it made lol but im a very paitent person i love love wind chimes of all kinds its soothing to hear especially in mornings while sipping on coffee🤗😍