Asked on Sep 28, 2017

How to decorate over dark wood paneling in a rental home?

Debbie SommerShoshanaRobin Jones Ramberg


6 answers
  • Nancy Turner
    on Sep 28, 2017

    Just what do you want to do? If you want to change anything, you need to get permission from the owner or the management company, otherwise you will be liable for anything they need to change back or repair.
  • Precious Pins
    on Sep 28, 2017

    You can argue you're adding value to the property by updating it, but other than that, your only option is to use peel and stick tiles or removable wallpaper. If you paint it, you won't be able to restore it back to original state without a TON of work.
  • Cyndee
    on Sep 28, 2017

    Ask the landlord 1st.. Then plan on 4 coats of paint. Hang up a quilt
  • Robin Jones Ramberg
    on Sep 28, 2017

    A technique we used back when my husband was in the military and we lived in military housing was to put fabric on the wall like wallpaper. We used liquid starch like wallpaper paste. If you go to Pinterest and search Liquid Starch Fabric Wallpaper there are lots of instruction on exactly how to do it. Have fun.
  • Shoshana
    on Sep 28, 2017

    You can lighten it up with bright wall decor and mirrors!
  • Debbie Sommer
    on Oct 1, 2017

    You can hang pretty fabric over it. Or pictures, or hang a group of branches with a ribbon to complement the wall.
Your comment...