Barbara Rizzio
Barbara Rizzio
  • Zeeland, MI
Asked on Sep 28, 2017

How to get smells out of a new handbag made of fabric?

Dolyce WoodNaomie Moore aka baileyanddaisey, Castaic CAFix It Jen
+5

I want to sell the new handbag I ordered online and when I received it, it smelled bad, I don't want to wash it, what else can I do? Thank you!

• Alex_mercer

Won't they take it back? If you wanna sell it to another person, don't even touch it.
  • Flipturn

Sometimes depending on the fabric content of the material, it can be very difficult to totally eliminate the smell, especially if the source of the odor was during the manufacturing stage, or if the item has been stored a long time.

I agree with Alex's comment that if purchased on-line, there should be some sort of buyer protection that if you are unsatisfied with your purchase for a valid reason, you should be permitted to return it.
  • TAMMY SPALSBURY

febreeze for fabric
  • Fix It Jen

Febreeze is a good idea, air it out open outside if you can. Could also sprinkle baking soda in there, it absorbs odors. Repeat if it helps.
  • Put charcoal in it! Use a paper lunch bag, put a half dozen lumps of charcoal and place in your bag. Then take the whole lot and put in a plastic trash bag and set out in the sun or stash in your closet for a few days. Trust me it works! A friend of mine forgot shrimp in an rv fridge and turned it off and it sat for a full month if not more. After a thorough cleaning, charcoal in the fridge for a week, took the smell right out.
  • Dolyce Wood

Sprinkle baking soda on it and let it set for a couple days.