Asked on Sep 28, 2017

I have been looking for a HI-Fi cabinet i also need room for 24" spea

WendyMarty PhelpsEbbjdl
+9

speakers. So does anyone have plans (I can build) or know of somewhere I can go look?
Any help would be grateful. Remember I'm "Old School", and so Is my sound system.

Thank you,
Julia

• 16999903

Google Hi-Fi stero cabinets and then click on images. Many of the pictures are for sale....but almost all of them have been captured by Pinterest. I used to have my parent's Hi-Fi stereo in my room while in my teens. I LOVED it, but when I went off to college, my brother took it home and I've never seen it again. My SIL has two! One they use in their living room and the other is in the upstairs in their garage apartment. And no....wants them and plans to use them forever! lol.....good luck!

• Thrift and second hand shops are a great place to start. If you have a habitat re store, thy are also fun to shop. You can use your skills to modify to fit your needs.
  • Ebbjdl

If your handy with a saw, and ruler, go shopping to different stores and look at the HiFi cabinets, see what you like. Homedepot or Lowe's has how-to-do books in the front of the store, look thru them and see if you find something in the books. They have all different categories, you should be able to find what your looking for. Buy the book, or write the title down and see if your library has the book. Good Luck!
    • Jul28854114

Long time ago, I built furniture with my Grandfather, so I think I can turn my hand to it now. And I will do as suggested and look at HIFI cabinets and books. Thank You
  • Marty Phelps

Maybe you can find a used chest, gut it out to fit and refinish.
  • Wendy

You can use any piece of furniture that has enough space. Try looking for an old school hutch that might work for you!