Asked on Sep 28, 2017

How to build a chicken coop

WendyClaudeLinda Farmer
+2

• Ann Cherkas Halstead

we built ours from 2x4s and chicken wire. Built a frame and staple the wire on it. Cover with plastic orcorragated plastic roofing.
  • Claude

ck out backyardchickens.com. Great ideas. I repurposed a little tykes playhouse...turned into a chicken tractor that I can move. It's cute.
  • Linda Farmer

There's a lot to it. You need to reserch what type you want. Just make sure you dig deep in the ground to put the chicken wire. Lots of animals will dig and get in and that's why you need to go so deep. Look on google. Good luck
  • Claude

Two floors, and I used pvc to make a larger pen that I can attach and move around..we have hawks Fox and other predators...lower sections are wrapped with 1/2" wire mesh. As is the floor inside (less cleaning) I put a piece of linoleum over the wire mesh floor that I can roll and easily dump. There is a drop floor ramp down...the windows. Became nesting boxes w milk. Crates. I used a piece of clear poly window as a roof for nesting box and the inside table w another milk crate as a second box. The window on the other side has wire mesh and a clear piece of poly slid under shutters so they have enough light. I plan to wrap the lower area w clear as a windblock for winter so that the sunlight can still get underneath.
  • Wendy