Janet DeCesare
Janet DeCesare
  • Mineral Ridge, OH
Asked on Sep 28, 2017

Paint peeling on steel door

Janet DeCesareJay PadenJa.24887443
+2

I have a steel front door the paint is peeling of. What could I cover it with for a temporary fix until I can temove the door and properly fix it?

• Dfm

i had at one time seasonal banners for my front door.....covered most of the door. Don't know if they are still being made.....mail order company.
  • Ja.24887443

Use magnets to hold up seasonal door covers. Contact paper. Peel-n-stick tiles. Wrapping paper and a big bow if you're still procrastinating by Christmas. Peel-n-stick vinyl floor tiles. Good luck!
  • Jay Paden

about all you can do is sand it and repaint it. If you are going to replace it, it will last as is just not pretty
  • Janet DeCesare

Yes I know that is the proper way of fixing it, taking it off the hinges, remanding, bonds and re paint. But the weather is changing and getting colder. I appreciate all the helpful tips
  • Janet DeCesare

whoops, I meant re sanding, using bondi😆