Nancy Campbell
Nancy Campbell
  • Waxahachie, TX
Asked on Sep 28, 2017

Are there specific paint colors that work well on MCM furniture?

Lisa S.EbbjdlCindy Hagemann
+5

• Alyssa

Not really any one color that stands out. Really, most mid-century modern furniture isn't/wasn't painted. When I picture classic MCM style, I think of solid color upholstery, especially in strong colors, and lots of unpainted teak. Though I suppose when it is painted, it's usually a more French provincial style, typically in off-white.
  • Dianacirce70

This is the color pallet I try and choose close to when I redo MCM furniture. I am getting ready to redo a MCM two-tier table and I will be using that brighter aqua blue color, or the grayish green up in the corner because I will be doing some decoupage on it.
  • Cindy Hagemann

I like orange and turquoise because they were popular in that era. But, any color will do.
  • Ebbjdl

What is MCM furniture? Please give more information on this question. eJL.
  • Lisa S.

Fine wood furniture was not really painted in that era. I the piece is wrecked and beyond refinishing, then only consider paint. It is really hard to "take back" paint. Then you want to try to match for your décor.