Asked on Sep 28, 2017

A new idea to hide boiler pipes in the kitchen

FlipturnWilliamCynthia H
+3

hi everyone
Can anyone suggest a corner design for my kitchen that would blend in with the worktop?
q a new idea to hide boiler pipes in the kitchen
  • Julanne Sharrow

build a box around it...
  • Joy30150932

I would build a cabinet over the area with a door so that you will still have access.
  • Decorator

Could you take another picture so we can see a full view of the area? It is hard to determine where to start and how far up to go without seeing more-at least it is for me.
    Thanks.
  • Cynthia H

Everyone has great ideas. I would be more inclined to have a cabinet built with ventilation in the front (like a radiator cover). The metal is available at all lumber yards. That way, heat won't build up in the space and you get the benefit of any heat in the winter.

I agree with Julanne! Just box the bottom in. Three sides to make it removable.
  • Flipturn

I am wondering why the cabinet on the right is a lower height than the one on the left...is there a bulkhead or something else that prevents it from being moved up on the wall to the same height as the one on the left?

Having the bottom of both cabinets would facilitate building a cover up to hide the pipes.