Melissa
Melissa
  • Gulf Shores, AL
Asked on Sep 28, 2017

What is the best way to clean grout?

AmandaGap29808553Eto29890307
+3

• Chubby58

If it's a light color grout, I tried everything in my previous house and nothing worked at all. So I went to my local tile store and bought some grout dye. You actually put it on with a toothbrush, tedious and time consuming, but in the end, well worth it.
  • Lana Ryland

clean with good cleanser then paint the grout. I've painted grout in 3 houses so far and painting it now in my current house. The paint seals the grout and prevents stains from entering. Because the grout is just below the tile line, the crime does not get ground in. I used the 97 cent acrylic craft paint from Hobby Lobby and my finger. Dab a little paint on you finger and pass over the grout going north to south then take a damp paper towel and wipe east to west. This takes any that might get on the tile off and leaves it on the grout.
  • Eto29890307

bleach and regrout
  • Gap29808553

It is a time consuming job but it stays clean for about 3 years. I scrub the grout with Vim and everything comes completely clean. I don't seal the grout because. from experience, it does not work. I tried painting but found that it cracked after a while. This method is the only one that works for me. I hate ceramic tile because of the grout.

• Amanda

Hi Melissa. I mix simple green with water and then use a good scrub brush and scrub the grout lines. Once I have them all scrubbed I take a old towel and wipe any excess up. Then I go over the whole area with either a stem mop or a regular mop with floor cleaner and water.