Asked on Sep 28, 2017

What is the recipe to kill ants using Dawn dish liquid?

Diane RichRonald MussonPeter
+1

• Peter

I don't know about the soap thing but we use corn meal mixed with liquid honey, as they have external skeletons when they eat the corn meal they cannot digest it fast enough and it expands blowing them up! easy and harmless . give it a try.
  • Ronald Musson

I didnt use a ratio of water to Dawn, I just squirted Dawn into a spray bottle that was 3/4 full of water and gently mixed it. From there I was able to spray it on the fire ants that had taken over a section of my kitchen. My reasoning for using the Dawn method is that I have six and 3/4ths grandchildren, two of which are under two and very mobile. I needed to stay away from chemicals, plus it was in my kitchen, another reason to stay away from chemicals. It worked beautifully!
  • Diane Rich

I've read on home talk to use windex...and it works, almost instantly. Keep a bottle on the deck and one in the house. Have used on flies and spiders too.