Asked on Sep 28, 2017

Easy way to clean chandelier?

B. EnneLou13208934Ginny
+6

I have four of these in my house and taking all the strings down to clean them and putting them back up is a whole weekend gone. Any shortcuto?
q easy way to clean chandelier
  • Exactly! And why I will never have one! Had to do this in my parents house every 3 months, I never found an easy way - unless you do one a weekend or hire out.
  • Eroque022810

Can you use and extended fluffy cleaner or are they all on tall ceilings? I would dust them weekly and periodically do deep cleaning,monthly or so. But they are beautiful and who says you have to clean them all the same weekend? Maybe do one per week as needed or how about two every two weeks ? That way you have time to enjoy yourself as well? You can start Friday night by taking one totally off,although I don't understand why you can't use cleaner while on ladder, and get ready for first thing Saturday morning do it hang it up and do next one. Then go out for a nice dinner or catch a movie to relax.
  • KattywhampusLOL

Good Morning Jo de waal :) Here are some videos that give THEIR opinion on the proper way to do things, and I am sure that in the first video she avoided spraying the cleanser in the candle holder "bowls" and did those by hand, spraying the cleanser on her rag and wiping each one out but allowing the crystals to drip dry. Her method opposes the 2nd video method, and then there is a 3rd video done by a professional. The 4th video is about regular upkeep and cleaning by Chandelier Univeristy, and the last one is probably more realistic for regular folks who don't want to stand up on a ladder the whole time, and don't have a huge chandelier to clean ;) (all of the videos are fairly short and to the point) so you can choose which way YOU prefer to try. I have never had any handing chandelier to clean so I cannot say one way or another which works best (I would probably hire a professional and watch how THEY do it, asking questions, and then try it myself THEIR way the next time).

• Shirah

We had a crystal chandelier to clean. We covered the floor with plastic and put sheets and towels on top. Then got on a ladder sprayed the thing with 409 cleaner and left it drip. You need to really spray it till it drips good. Cleaned it beautifully.
  • Lori

Simitar procedure, place tarp or spilt black garbage bag on floor , spray with glass perfect until it is saturated and drips. Stays crystal clean

• Ginny

Put your husband or tall son a tall ladder with a bucket of lightly soapy warm water; dunk crystals in the water; rinse with another bucket of water only. Pat dry with beach towels.
  • Lou13208934

Ok
  • B. Enne

1. Turn off power/breaker.
    2. Put an umbrella or towel under chandelier.
    3. Spray with chandelier cleaner, or rubbing alcohol with water. Avoid spraying in sockets.
    4. Drip dry.