How to keep mice out?

+8
  • Susan Massey Susan Massey on Sep 28, 2017
    Put steel wool around every pipe where it enters your house, or any opening at all where they might come in.
  • Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Sep 28, 2017
    Seal up any holes outdoors with spray insulation.
  • Boo Morsack Knapp Boo Morsack Knapp on Sep 28, 2017
    The steel wool is fantastic but I also use orange/lemon/lime peels. Mice do not like citrus and it doesn't matter if they dry out. I toss them under the seats in my car and have never had mice in there since
  • Dfm Dfm on Sep 28, 2017
    those critters can get in thu very small holes. they will also come thru the drains.
  • Ebbjdl Ebbjdl on Sep 28, 2017
    Find some cat hair, either your cat or a friend's. Make several envelopes of cat hair, just a little in each envelope, seal it. Next poke some small holes in each envelope, and spread them in you lower cabinets. The mice come in, one smell and there gone forever. This tells them they better set up house elsewhere. This worked for me, this was my idea. Good Luck!

• Call a professional exterminator for an inspection. They will find all points of entry and make suggestions on how to fix. A mouse can squeeze though a hole the size of a dime.
  • Jane McVeigh McNee Jane McVeigh McNee on Sep 28, 2017
    I use a drop of Wintergreen Essential Oil around all openings and along the garage door, around drains, etc.. just one drop in each area. this has worked for me for years.. I start end of September/beginning of October. smell tells them to go elsewhere, along with their buddies, moles, voles, even spiders.

hope this may work for you.
  • Wendy Ruffert Wendy Ruffert on Sep 28, 2017
    we have stuffed steel wool where ever we can we have sprayed foam insulation around window frames even hired a well known exterminator, we have a brick ranch and they keep getting in the drop ceiling in the basement we are catching them in traps just can't figure out how they are getting in
  • Pinkflmgo626 Pinkflmgo626 on Sep 28, 2017
    steel wool pads; sticky traps; get a cat! 😊